Thursday, December 27, 2012

Everything Old is New Again


We have a thrift store in town where I find marvelous treasures. This picture is of a shelf, new to me, that I found in the thrift store. DH surprised me Christmas Eve with it. I am working to try to get a better picture or two, but here you can see not only a bit of the shelf, but also a completed cross stitch picture that I found at the same store. It was only $5. I couldn't believe that price  given how much work went into it. I actually have the pattern--maybe I will get around to doing my own version of it someday. There's nothing I could do better than this crafter did, though. It is beautiful and adds a lot to the wall.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I love the jars. I'm a lover of baskets, jars and bowls. A serious weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work in a China shop in Pigeon Forge. Talk about weakness! Mu husband hated to hear the phone ring when I was at work. Do you collect baskets of any particular type?

    ReplyDelete