Sunday, March 23, 2014

Under a Rock


 Yesterday was a good Saturday in that we were able to stay put (for the most part) at the house. I got a minimum of housework done (I really mean, 
minimum) and some laundry. We had petros for supper, which everyone always likes. Michael and I watched a great John Wayne western called Rio Bravo. As you can see from the pictures, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson and Walter Brennan were also in the movie. It is a long-ish movie, so the Pastor snoozed a little; I snoozed a little, too and crocheted a lot.  We really needed a quiet day at the house. It has not been a great week--lots of things and issues pulling at our hearts.  I told Michael today I just wanted to crawl under a rock. Do you ever feel that way?

Gratitude dramatically outweighs complaint, though. 
It's good to have all the kids at home, and these days, I am more than ever grateful to have a home. I think the economy is far worse than anyone in the media will admit. Staples like milk, bread and hamburger (not to mention peanut butter) have sky-rocketed where we live. Gas is creeping back up. Why is this not in the news?  I am old enough to remember the old "Whip Inflation Now" buttons. 


Well, as long as I have enough money to keep my yarn addiction fed, I really have no worries! 


No comments:

Post a Comment