Friday, March 21, 2014

Returning to a Old Favorite

When we first began homeschooling years ago, we started off largely with Rod and Staff books. I can't say enough about these kind and thorough books. We went with A Beka for a while, and I think it served the boys well and got Virginia off to a good start.  In fact, we may return to them next year for some help with Literature and math. The past couple of years, we have used older textbooks from the public schools, circa 1967/70 for Virginia. I can't tell you how good they are.  But, it's time to move on, and I think we will pick back up with Rod and Staff's English course, at least for a while. We just need something with a gentle spirit and sound method.

I am also going to pull out the old Pathway Readers we have. They are tried and true. 

It's been a good week, but a busy one. I managed to get quite a lot done at school, but very little around the house. I am about to take my crochet bag and do a little of that before turning in. Hope your week has gone well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment