Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rambling Thoughts

Yesterday was an up and down day. We all made it through Music Festival, and enjoyed ourselves. Afterwards, we went to Church to do some cleaning in preparation not only for today's services, but also for an upcoming funeral. We lost someone much beloved in the Church family who had been very ill for about 2 years.  This dear man loved and served the Lord, and we know he is with his Savior. His suffering is done--I thought much about Paul's words in 2 Corinthinas 4:17 ---For our light affliction, which is for but a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

 I have been a Pastor's wife for many years, but the older I get, the more inadequate to the task I feel. I am not spending the time with the Lord that I need to be. He beckons me back daily--I don't know why I am dragging my feet. I can see MAJOR flaws in my attitude these days, and it is explained simply by the fact that I am not where I need to be in terms of fellowship with the Lord. Right now, I here a beautiful hymn, "Take Time to Be Holy" on my BBN internet radio.  Thank You, Lord.

 When we came home, everyone was just exhausted. I went up to the grocery store to pick up a few things, so I bought some turkey bacon and sausage so we could have "breakfast for supper."  I wanted us all  to sit down at the table together with a hot meal that everyone would like.  Afterwards, James Martin had to work on reading for school Monday.The rest of us eventually piled around the TV and watched this old favorite, Daniel Boone. What really tickled me was our oldest's reaction when he thought we forgot him:  I didn't know he planned to watch with us, but when he came back into the living room and saw we had started, he was a little miffed. He had only missed about 5 minutes of so. I was pleased he was that interested in the show. We all had a good chuckle out of that.  I cross-stitched through two episodes; Dad snoozed with the dogs on his lap, and Virginia had all my yarn out picking her colors for a new scarf she is making.  (It deserves its own post)

Today and tomorrow promise to be similar in their ups and downs. This is true for all of us. May each of you keenly feel His Presence this week as you serve Him!

4 comments:

  1. Fellowship with The Lord is what I long for daily. All else seems to matter little. I like the idea of watching the old Daniel Boone show. I am a fan of Boone considering his Missouri connection. We've visited his home in Defiance, Mo and also been to his grave. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really interesting, Twyla. Maybe you can post a picture sometime. Seems to me that everyone famous has a Missouri connection! Both of our sons were born there in Hannibal. I am grateful that the Lord calls us to Himself and doesn't let us become untethered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you handle like gracefully and with love.

    All of us should spend more time with our Heavenly Father.

    Thank you for being an inspiration to so many - a Pastor's wife is not an easy job. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Becky! I know you have your hands full. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete