Monday, October 8, 2012

Words of Wisdom from Joni

The other day, I was blessed to hear a sermon by Dr. Erwin Lutzer (let me recommend him, by the way . . . he is just tremendous). In his message, Dr. Lutzer quoted Joni--I won't get this exactly right, but hopefully you'll understand the message. He said that she talked about the moment when she could run into the arms of her Savior and be free of her paralysis; but greater still would be her joy at being free of sin there in His Presence. That's what I call having "your priorities in order."

Joni has always meant so much to our family. DH has read her books and loved her devotionals. We listened to her autobiography traveling to and from Church, and she made quite an impression on our DD.  We love her story, but it is her TESTIMONY that shines. I heard her at a Billy Graham Crusade in North Carolina years ago. Again, forgive my attempt to quote, but she declared that she would rather have gone through the accident and have the relationship she does with Christ as a result than to return to that girl fettered by hopelessness. My goodness . . . . what will heaven be like? No regrets, no hurt feelings or worry, no sadness or anger--just love for our Savior and joy together with one another in His presence.

Thank you, Joni. You are such a blessing to all of us.

2 comments:

  1. I've always admired her. I saw herbatva crusade also .

    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to a lovely lady. Miss Janice

    ReplyDelete