Sunday, August 19, 2012

Finished!


With lots of help from DH, DS and DD, we were able to finish the puzzle last night. I want to glue it with puzzle glue and get it framed.  One of the reasons I like the picture itself so much is that it takes me back to the scenes portrayed in Eleanor Estes' semi-autobiographical stories of the Moffat family. The Moffats lived in Cranbury, Connecticut in the 1910.'s. Their father had passed away and they depended on their mother's income as a seamstress.  The stories are wonderful--Eleanor Estes captures the happiest times from her life and shares them with generations to come.  They were published in the 1940's and have proven as timeless as any great work of literature.

When I showed our DS's the puzzle, I asked them if the picture reminded them of anything, and they both agreed--The Moffats. Our lives have been dramatically enriched with these lovely stories and characters.

As for the puzzle, I will keep you posted on our progress in getting it framed!


No comments:

Post a Comment