Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Still Laugh Out Loud . . .

In my 10th grade year, I was placed in Latin, but had wanted to take Spanish III.  Little did I know how Providential that scheduling  conflict would be.  Latin turned out to be life-changing in the long run and full of laughs in the short.  One of the Seniors in the class was Alice Ann Gregory. She was the funniest individual I have ever known.  Our teacher was the kind and long-suffering Betty Greene. I hope that when we meet in heaven I can tell her how much I loved her class and what it meant to me through the years. Mrs. Greene's good nature was never more evident than in her dealings with Alice Ann. I think Alice Ann chewed bubble gum every day of her life. Several times each week, throughout the year, Mrs. Greene would tell Alice Ann to spit our her gum; on each of the occasions, Alice Ann would respond by telling us all, "It's ASPERGUM, Ms. Greene."  Once in a while, Mrs. Greene would have enough and tell Alice Ann that she would in the future need a doctor's note for her to be able to chew the gum in class. Of course, no Doctor's note was ever forthcoming, but Alice Ann continued with her Rx gum!   I still laugh out loud at that (and am laughing as I type this). Oh dear . . . .

Hope your day is filled with pleasant thoughts . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment