Sunday, February 23, 2014

Movie Weekend, part 2

 

This great movie is based on a book, The Monuments Men:  Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel.  This is a fabulous story about the "search and rescue" of great works of art that had been pillaged and stolen by Hitler's occupying forces in western Europe. After the movie, we went straight to the book store to buy the book! It is marvelous!
Again, there is some salty language and terrible use of the Lord's Name.  I guess that's almost expected these days. Other than that, you will enjoy this movie.  Hubby asked me this morning if I came away from the Lincoln movie feeling better about our country. The answer was of course, "no."  Bur were he to ask me the question about The Monuments Men, my answer would be very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment