Sunday, January 19, 2014

Joni's Song


For years, our family has cherished the words, songs and paintings of Joni Eareckson Tada. This morning, DH played for me a song she sings  for a movie that hasn't received much publicity-- Alone Yet Not Alone. The title song has been nominated for an Oscar. The video in which she sings  includes clips from the movie, but more importantly, begins with her praying for strength to sing the song. Joni, her prayer, and her voice have never been so beautiful.

The secular world is not only shocked by the nomination, but also outraged, claiming that "backroom deals" have led to this nomination. Moreover, we are to dismiss the song because it has been "endorsed" by James Dobson. I don't know any other song which has been maligned for simply being nominated. The world can protest all it wants to, but the Lord  and His Message will not be silenced. 

Please take a second to search on the internet for this song and give it a listen. I'm sure you'll love hearing her sing and her profound testimony.


3 comments:

  1. It is definitely a sign of the times when good is spoken evil of. I hope this beautiful song will be a witness to many. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing and posting...I have not kept up with nominations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going to see the movie of her accident with my youth group.

    ReplyDelete