Saturday, December 14, 2013

Vanna's Choice


One day a couple of months ago, my DD bought this lovely Vanna White book pictured  in the blog.She loved the Vanna's Choice yarn as well as the patterns in the book. She made a lovely ripple pattern afghan for her Dad using BEAUTIFUL Autumn colors. I will have to show you a picture of it soon. I had never had any luck even understanding how to start a ripple pattern afghan, but DD got me started, and I have thoroughly enjoyed taking a break from granny squares! Haha! The pink you see is just so very lovely. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. I am working on this throw for a bench we have in the living room.  All of the patterns in the book are easy (just what I need) and some are on the beginner level (again, just what I need). But no matter how easy they are, I couldn't have made these had I not a live-in tutor who is very patient with her mother. Oh and look at the groovy bamboo-handle size N hook in the picture. I have never gone larger than a "j"! I like the wood handle. I wish I could find one of these hooks with a light since I do most of this handwork on the way to and from Church. We are all hoping for a little slow-down time here at the end of the semester. The Fall Term has been a good one, but so very hectic. Some of the sweetest moments have been when we all take a break and watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!  here and there.


2 comments:

  1. You are back on your blog....that makes me happy! Miss Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Miss Janice! Yes, me too. Can't wait to see you all. You are on our calendar!

    ReplyDelete