Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ruskin Tomatoes

We stopped at a local vegetable stand yesterday, and I found these beautiful tomatoes. The nice lady volunteered that they were from Florida. When she told me they were actually from Ruskin, Florida, I was thrilled beyond measure!  I have picked tomatoes aplenty down there. It is a county over from my home town, and it is situated on the Gulf  Coast. I think there is something about the salt air and the brackish water that makes these tomatoes beautiful and so tasty. There are many things I don't miss about my home state, but many more that I do.  I love where we live more than anywhere we have been in our 22 years of marriage, but sometimes I miss those Gulf breezes, the pelicans and gulls and the beautiful tropical foliage.

Having said that, I was just thinking the other day that this must be the most beautiful part of the entire world.  Isn't God, our Loving Creator, magnificent in the variety and vastness of His Creation?

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I so enjoy tomatoes!

    Daddy used to like them for breakfast with scrambled eggs and toast...only the homegrown ones mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they're the only ones that count.
    That sounds really tasty. Did you grow up eating tomato sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete