Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In TImes Like These . . . We Need the Bible


I cannot read, watch or listen to the news without being so terribly discouraged by the evil in the world and in our own government. The President is currently visiting Ireland where as  he addressed young people in a speech he called  for them to abandon Catholic schools. Unbelievable. I feel that if he had the time, he would launch a campaign against homeschooling--anything that allows the family to teach rather than the state to indoctrinate certainly represents a threat to him and his ungodly agenda.

Tonight while I was doing some school work, I listened to my beloved  Bible Broadcasting Netowrk, and the music there soothed my soul. On the one hand, I want to retreat into the enclave of my family, church and school. On the other, if we all withdraw from the arena, the enemy will continue to walk with impunity through our culture and our lives unabated.

We must teach our children and arm them with the Word of God and we must know what we believe and why we believe it AND be ready to take a stand.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was a great reminder with all the controversy surrounding the administration right now. I'm seeing as time goes on, that our highest alleigence is not to a political party or to even the Constitution or earthly laws, but to God and His law through which we can gain a godly discernment for what's morally right when it comes to the earthly things. As blessed as I am to be born and raised here, and wouldn't have it any other way, my heart breaks for America because I know the line in the U.S. that divides right and wrong has faded from black and white to gray.
    (they need to build an edit feature for these comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many years ago in the years leading up to the Civil War, an abolititionist disparaged the Constitution saying it separated us from God--in his own fiery terms. He was right, wasn't he? Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the "Bible Accessory Kit" in the photo....snoopy minds just want to know. janice

    ReplyDelete