Thursday, May 30, 2013

Leave It to Beaver and Baked Carrots


Tonight, I had a late start in getting supper going. I made a huge pot of mashed potatoes, some crock pot chicken and a new recipe for cooked carrots. This meal called for lots of pealing and paring, dicing and mashing. To make my tasks a bit lighter,  I popped in a Leave It To Beaver DVD. I love watching this show as much at age 50 as I did when I first saw it at about 4 years old. I don't mind telling you  that I laughed out loud several times. DD heard me one time and hollered out to me, "I love that episode."  Haha. Timeless comedy!

Here is a new recipe (new to me at least) for baked carrots.  Simply scrub or peel a pan full of carrots--you can use the baby carrots that are so easy to find these days or the regular sized carrots. Just try to make sure they are sliced or presented in uniform sizes for consistency in baking. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the carrots; then dash a bit of sea salt and pepper on top. Toss a bit and place in a pre-heated over (425) for about 25 minutes. They are so flavorful this way! This will remind you a bit of carrots cooked in a beef stew or pot roast all day. They are still a little crisp  but not crunchy. You may substitute butter for the olive oil, but I think the oil brings out the carrot flavor!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good night all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was. Will be so glad when this week winds down.

    ReplyDelete